Well-being comes in movement. The manifestation of our wants and desires comes in action. For all our thoughts, all our planning, the final feat to their fruition is . . . to do something! There is purport that pure, positive thought of our dreams is the secret. While, yes, every desire we have begins with a thought, to sit, want and wait for the Universe to provide may take a lifetime. The Universe responses best when the work to bring our goals into this reality is shared. And, it is in the doing we find the joy, the beauty of our desires fulfilled. The attainment is simply a sign of completion for the daring to want what we want, and striving, with the Universe, to make it happen.
The summer is a time to embrace openness, rejuvenation, and pure fun, energy for our well-being So this month we will take a turn, and set sail into the summer with a "To Do" list. Do whichever one call to you. Do none. These are activities to endeavor only if you choose; though the former will benefit you greatly, the latter will leave you as you are feeling today.
- Plan a spur of the moment trip anywhere, pack a picnic lunch. Sit in the park or by the water. A change of venue opens the corners of your mind in ways that will surprise you.
- On a sunny, billowy cloud-filled day, lie down in the grass. Let your imagination transform what lies above you. Inspiration comes when we slow down. When did you last . . . slow down?
- Plant something! Vegetable. Flower. Both! And nurture it. Visualize your Self growing as your plant grows, without limitations. The rewards are priceless.
- Go for a leisurely walk. Forget jogging, running, even power walking. Approach your walk without the thought of it being something you have to do. Simply walk listening to all the sounds, taking in all the smells, and seeing all the beauty you miss in your hectic life. I promise you will be surprised with what you discover.
- One morning get out of bed 15 minutes before dawn, watch the sun rise, listen for the first song of the birds this new day, and follow the inspiring thought that comes into focus. You will rejoice in where it takes you.
- Go berry picking. Strawberries, June; raspberries, July; blueberries, August; cranberries, September; and relish in the sense of accomplishment. Physical labor is such immediate gratification. Oh, and did I mention, that it does not get fresher than right off the vine.
- Eat outdoors, alfresco. The Italians know how to enjoy life - an abundance of food and wine across a long table spent in conversation with people from end to end, eating much, talking long, and laughing often. Plan a leisurely afternoon, in the middle of the week, and nurture your soul outdoors in the sun, a glass of wine, a delicious meal, and the company of someone you cherish.
- One of my favorite, spend a day biking There are innumerable bike trails within a few miles of where you live. If you own a bike, fix it up; if not, rent one, and see where it takes you. You will be energized by the stamina you did not think you had.
- Go to a drive-in movie, nostalgic of a time when life seemed unhurried and movies appeared uncomplicated. There are 19 drive in movies in New England, and surprisingly many more throughout the United States.
- Visit a tourist attraction in your tow city/town. So often we are unable to see what is right in front of us. What are you missing that is right next door?
- Play with a child. There is nothing better to rejuvenate your own sense of wonder than following the antics of children The challenge is being able to keep up.
- Go on an Internet hiatus. Real life is so much more fun. Begin your day lying in bed, with the windows open and music playing softly. No email, no blogging, no Google. How long can you go?
Have a wonderful time . . .