Because you simply did not know, you were without preconception of what would take place. The shoulds, the supposed tos, the musts that are an everyday part of your perception of things today and formulate your responses to living today, were no where in view. All was seen with only wonderment and excitement. (Me too. I am as susceptible as anyone to listening to that small annoying voice.)
Today you are asked to approach all you do, everything that you experience through the day, with a beginner's mind.
For these simple 24 hours, as you begin a project and/or come across a situation ....
- Pause. Hold back from forming any conclusions, deciding on a direction and/or action until the end of the experience.
- Let all assumptions and expectations fall away. Be in the moment, fresh and new.
- Seek out a different perspective to explore the project/event before you.
- Observe everything with the curiosity of a child. Come to the experience with a sense of wonder.
- Simply be with whatever comes up.
Just for Today ... take in the experiences of your day as all new ... yet to be discovered.... and enjoy.